Become a Partner or Sponsor
Throughout the years, the MEM Summer Summit has become an impactful annual event, fostering a long-lasting and dynamic network of people, ideas and projects. The MEM Summer Summit partners and sponsors stand to benefit from high-level, international and media exposure and access to stakeholders from more than 30 countries.
Support the youth
Over 500 young change-makers have joined the MEM Summer Summit in Lugano over the last years. The Summit relies on generous contributions to subsidise grants for the young participants that are at the very heart of this initiative. These contributions allow young people from diverse social and economic backgrounds to travel and participate in the Seminar and Forum in Lugano.
The MEM Summer Summit also seeks partners to fund project-proposals developed by the young change-makers; to provide financial support for workshops and panels; to contribute to enrich the programme through their networks of experts and speakers; and finally, to contribute to organise specific events that are part of the cultural programme.
Become a Sponsor
The MEM Summer Summit, which is being organised for the third time this year, is becoming a very impactful annual event, fostering a long-lasting and dynamic network of people, ideas, projects and proposals.
The MEM Summer Summit sponsors stand to benefit from high-level, international and media exposure and access to a dedicated platform of stakeholders from more than 30 countries, including:
- A selected community of young change-makers of the MEM region, who are the key actors of the Seminar and the Forum
- Political leaders and policy-makers
- High-level dignitaries
- Representatives from international organisations
- World-class academics and public intellectuals
- Business executives
- Artists and writers
We are seeking to build up sponsorships that both expand our horizon and support our mission. Sponsors of the MEM Summer Summit, together with the benefits and visibility mentioned above, commit to one or more of the following forms of financial assistance. In particular:
- They subsidise grants for young change-makers from the Middle East Mediterranean region, thus enabling them to work together on ideas and project-proposals for creating a better future for the region
- They contribute to developing novel narratives and novel approaches to tackle persisting problems in the region
- They provide financial support for workshops, panels, cultural activities on topics that are relevant to the Middle East Mediterranean region, but not exclusively. Topics cover areas such as geopolitical configurations, security in the Mediterranean, energies, climate change, new economies, sustainable development, job creation and local development, tourism, and arts and culture
- they fund project-proposals developed by the young change-makers. This also means that sponsors may also back development initiatives directly in the region, with funding and more general support
- they sponsor a networking event
Should you be interested and wish to find out more, we would be happy to talk to you about the range of sponsorship opportunities and discuss our bespoke sponsorship packages.
Dr. Federica Frediani
MEM Summer Summit Project Leader
tel +41 (0)58 666 4950
Support the MEM Freethinking Platform
MEM Freethinking Platform’s endowment is an enduring source of support for its goals and initiatives. MEM Freethinking Platform partners are instrumental in generating actionable ideas to improve the MEM region. You may designate your contribution to a specific fund. Non-designated contributions go to the MEM Freethinking Platform General Fund hosted by the Fondazione per la Ricerca e lo Sviluppo dell’USI (Foundation for Research and Development, USI).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Università della Svizzera italiana
Via Buffi 13
6904 Lugano, Switzerland
Maria Cristina Reinhart
Development and Institutional Relations