Call for volunteers
The Università della Svizzera italiana is looking for proactive people who are interested in volunteering for the MEM Summer Summit 2019.
The international event gathers young change-makers, leaders from the public and private sector, artists, and intellectuals in the south of Switzerland to address recent developments and persisting problems in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries.
Volunteers can get involved in either the Seminar, the Forum or the entire Summit. The selected volunteers for the Forum will be granted a complimentary registration. Please note that costs related to accommodation and travel are the volunteers’ responsibility.
- Preferably be enrolled in a Swiss university
- Have a very good command of English. People with additional language skills are encouraged to apply
- Have experience in the field of event management, hospitality and communication
- Preferably, have a keen interest in politics, society and culture of the Middle East Mediterranean region
Benefit from the programme
- Join cutting-edge discussions and meet interesting figures from the region
- Work in a dynamic and cooperative team of professionals
- Have a great opportunity to show your potential
- Enrich your CV with an exciting experience
- Receive a working certificate at the end of the event
Students of Università della Svizzera italiana have the possibility to obtain credits from the Volunteer Programme.
When not on duty, volunteers can attend programme sessions, as well as lunches and coffee breaks. If there are specific sessions that volunteers would particularly like to attend, we kindly invite them to inform us, and we will do our best to accommodate their request.
If you are interested in applying for the Volunteer Program, please send your CV at MEM@usi.ch and indicate “MEM VOLUNTEER” in the subject of the email.
We look forward to receiving applications by 15 May 2019.